Professional Development Grant Proposal Form

Instructions

OSU Extended Campus offers professional development funds to support faculty and advising staff in their professional development activities related to distance/online education. You can apply for the funds by completing the OSU Extended Campus Professional Development Fund Application. These funds are awarded quarterly and must meet the criteria listed below. For questions, please contact Alfonso Bradoch.

Professional Development

OSU Extended Campus is seeking proposals from faculty/professional faculty for funding of professional development opportunities in support of distance-delivered (online or hybrid: a combination of delivery modalities) OSU academic programs (undergraduate and graduate degree programs, undergraduate and graduate academic certificates and program minors). Examples of supported professional development opportunities include, but are not limited to: conference attendance, workshops, tuition stipend for self-study, with specific focus on issues related to distance delivery of academic courses and programs and academic advising of distance student. A brief post-activity report will be required from the grant recipient.

Application Deadlines

  • February 1, 2015
  • May 1, 2015
  • August 1, 2015
  • November 1, 2015

Criteria

  • Available for faculty and advising staff.
  • Professional development activity must support one or more of the priorities as listed below.
  • Application submission precedes date of professional development event.
  • There is no limit to the number of applications accepted from an individual.
  • Applicants must include a stated method for sharing with other OSU faculty the distance learning pedagogies, administrative approaches, teaching and/or academic advising strategies acquired through the funded professional development opportunity.
  • A brief post-activity report will be required from the grant recipient.

Priorities

Preference will be given to proposals that:

  • align with OSU’s Strategic Plan for Outreach and Engagement;
  • align with Extended Campus’ mission in providing access to OSU educational programs through distance-delivery;
  • enhance the quality of online course/program or student support services online students.

Funding Awards Announcements

Notification of funding decisions will occur approximately one month after the deadline. OSU Ecampus will fund accepted proposals as a budget transfer to the academic department: 75% of the awarded funding upon signing of the grant agreement, the remaining 25% upon submission and acceptance of the post-activity report. Arrangements for participation in the professional development activity will be the responsibility of the proposer and the academic department. The actual amount of funding will be commensurate with the type of professional development activity proposed and the estimated costs for the activity. Although the award of the Ecampus grant is not contingent upon matching funds from academic departments or colleges, we do urge consultation with the proposer’s Department Chair and/or Dean should such matching funds be available to help defray costs not covered by the Ecampus grant.

Apply Now

Apply for the funds by completing the Professional Development Fund Application.
Login