Start fall, winter, or spring term.
Apply at least four weeks prior to your intended start date.
Simplified application process
No GRE or letters of reference are required.
We simplified the application process to make it easy for you to apply to this program and to provide you with a quick decision.
You must fulfill both university and program requirements for admission to this online graduate certificate program.
- Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree in any field from an accredited college or university.
- Students should expect and be prepared to complete graduate-level course work toward the certificate.
- The OSU Graduate School sets requirements for admission, which includes a minimum 3.00 GPA for all applicants.
- Applicants must have basic computer literacy (high comfort level with Microsoft Windows file and disk management, as well the Internet).
- Transfer credits will not be considered until after admittance and matriculation.
When to apply
Start during the fall, winter or spring terms.
You should have a complete application, including all supporting materials, on file no later than four weeks prior to the academic term that you intend to start. International students should apply two months prior to the term.
How to apply
Currently admitted graduate students – apply to the GCCUT program
If you’re an Oregon State graduate student who intends to pursue the certificate in conjunction with a graduate degree you must electronically submit:
- A Certificate Request Form (also known as a "Change of Major/Degree Request Form").
Under "Work on Concurrent Degree/Certificate", select "Certificate" and "College and University Teaching." Your Change of Degree/Major Request Form will not be processed unless you are admitted to the GCCUT program.
- The GCCUT Supplemental Application with accompanying documents.
The accompanying documents include: (1) CV/résumé, and (2) cover letter.
Additional requirements for these materials are described within the Supplemental Application.
Non-admitted students – apply to the OSU Graduate School:
Select College and University Teaching certificate - Ecampus online as your "planned course of study/major." The nonrefundable application fee is $75.
International applicants must also submit documents and language test scores that are outlined on the graduate admissions international applicants webpage.
Apply to the GCCUT program
Complete the GCCUT supplemental application. The application will require:
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV/résumé
- List each relevant teaching, leadership and/or service experience. Include:
- Title of the experience
- Duration of the experience
- Your role and specific duties
- No GRE or letters of reference are required
Submit all required documents
Upload all materials and official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended.
NOTE: Although the Graduate School application is submitted online electronically – and all of the documentation (scores, transcripts, etc.) can be uploaded as attachments – some students may choose to mail their documentation. Accompanying materials can be mailed to the Graduate School (300 Kerr, Corvallis, OR, 97331).
You DO NOT have to mail AND submit your documents electronically.
Apply to take courses as a nondegree-seeking student
If you are not pursuing the full Graduate Certificate in College and University Teaching but are interested in taking individual classes that are part of the graduate certificate curriculum, you may apply to OSU as a nondegree-seeking graduate student.
Nondegree-seeking graduate students who later wish to apply to the graduate certificate program may only transfer a maximum of six credits earned as a nondegree-seeking student.
Please be aware that successful completion of courses as a nondegree-seeking graduate student does not guarantee admission to this certificate program or other graduate programs at a later date.
For additional details, please refer to the nondegree graduate status policy.
For admissions questions, please contact:
Susan Morré, Ph.D., online program coordinator
Online Graduate Certificate in College and University Teaching