Graduate Certificate in Fisheries Management – Online
Now accepting students for summer 2013. Classes start June 24.
As the management and conservation of fisheries and fish habitats becomes increasingly complex, the OSU Ecampus online Graduate Certificate in Fisheries Management program provides students with skills and knowledge in biology, assessment science, and social science that are needed to understand and meet the demands of sustainable fisheries on both national and international fronts.
The program prepares students to be the link between scientists, decision-makers and stakeholders when handling the multi-faceted issues that come with managing recreational and commercial fisheries and fish habitat. Through quality courses, students acquire and practice skills in biology, economy, law and social science as they deal with issues across a wide range of perspectives and disciplines.
Informational video: Watch an overview video of a webinar featuring OSU fisheries management faculty - Dr. Selina Heppell and Lisa Pierson. The video includes information about Oregon State University, Ecampus, the graduate program as well as a question and answer session with prospective students.
Learn from a nationally recognized program
Oregon State University's fisheries program is ranked number two in the nation, and this online graduate certificate is among the first to be offered online. Courses are taught by faculty within the Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, and delivered online by OSU Ecampus.
Benefits of studying online through Oregon State University
- All classes are taught by OSU's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- OSU is a participating member in the Natural Resources Distance Learning Consortium, which promotes continuing education for natural resources agency professionals.
- Online students receive the same transcripts as on-campus students.
- Students can study from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection