in Geographic Information Science – Online
Now accepting students for fall 2013. Classes start Sept 30.
Advancements in geographic information science (GIScience) are having broad effects in improving day-to-day tasks throughout all sectors of society, from tracking the spread of pollutants to navigating automobiles and emergency vehicles along optimal routes through busy cities.
This 19-credit certificate is ideal for working professionals, who already possess a baccalaureate degree and who wish to reinforce or upgrade their current skills in order to be more competitive in the rapidly changing field of GIScience.
This online graduate program is offered by the College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences and delivered online by OSU Ecampus.
Benefits of an Oregon State University online program:
- All classes are taught by OSU's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation in natural resources and science fields.
- OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Online students receive the same credits as on-campus students, and credits transfer to most higher education institutions.
- Students can complete their courses from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
- OSU Ecampus is a member of the Natural Resources Distance Learning Consortium (NRDLC). We are one of 10 universities who work together to provide more than 250 online courses and degrees to natural resource agency professionals.
Kuuipo Walsh, Program Director
221 Wilkinson Hall - office
104 CEOAS Administrative Building - mailing
Corvallis, OR 97331