Now accepting students for fall 2016. Classes start Sept. 21.
Advancements in geographic information science (GIScience) are having broad effects in improving day-to-day tasks throughout all sectors of society, from tracking the spread of pollutants to navigating automobiles and emergency vehicles along optimal routes through busy cities.
This 19-credit certificate is ideal for working professionals, who already possess a baccalaureate degree and who wish to reinforce or upgrade their current skills in order to be more competitive in the rapidly changing field of GIScience.
This online graduate program is offered by the College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences and delivered online by OSU Ecampus.
Benefits of learning online with Oregon State University
- All classes are developed by OSU's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation in natural resources and science fields.
- OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- OSU is a member of the Natural Resources Distance Learning Consortium (NRDLC), which includes 10 universities who work together to provide more than 300 online courses to agency professionals.
- Online students receive the same credits as on-campus students, and credits transfer to most higher education institutions.
- Students can complete their courses from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
Apply your graduate certificate toward a master’s degree
In addition to the specialized knowledge you gain through the geographic information science graduate certificate program, the credits you earn will satisfy your area of emphasis requirement for Oregon State’s 45-credit Master of Natural Resources (MNR) program.
Admission to a graduate certificate program does not guarantee admission to the MNR program. However, if you successfully complete the GIScience graduate certificate with a GPA above 3.0, you can apply for a “Change of Degree” and be admitted to the MNR program.
In addition, completing the graduate certificate allows you to:
- Connect with faculty who can potentially serve as your MNR advisor
- Bypass the GRE requirement for MNR admission
- Meet the natural resources-related work or volunteer experience preference
134 Wilkinson Hall - office
104 CEOAS Administrative Building - mail
Corvallis, OR 97331