in Geographic Information Science – Online
Now accepting students for winter 2015. Classes start Jan. 5.
Advancements in geographic information science (GIScience) are having broad effects in improving day-to-day tasks throughout all sectors of society, from tracking the spread of pollutants to navigating automobiles and emergency vehicles along optimal routes through busy cities.
This 19-credit certificate is ideal for working professionals, who already possess a baccalaureate degree and who wish to reinforce or upgrade their current skills in order to be more competitive in the rapidly changing field of GIScience.
This online graduate program is offered by the College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences and delivered online by OSU Ecampus.
Benefits of learning online with Oregon State University
- All classes are taught by OSU's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation in natural resources and science fields.
- OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- OSU is a member of the Natural Resources Distance Learning Consortium (NRDLC), which includes 10 universities who work together to provide more than 300 online courses to agency professionals.
- Online students receive the same credits as on-campus students, and credits transfer to most higher education institutions.
- Students can complete their courses from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
Kuuipo Walsh, program director