Now accepting students for fall 2015. Classes start September 24.
The Graduate Certificate in Public Health online program at Oregon State University is designed for public health practitioners and others seeking professional development and continuing education within the field of public health. The program focuses on the five core areas of public health: epidemiology, biostatistics, health promotion and behavior, environmental and occupational health, and health management and policy.
Courses are offered by OSU's College of Public Health and Human Sciences (CPHHS) and delivered online by OSU Ecampus. Credits earned from courses in the graduate certificate may be applied toward a master's degree in public health (MPH). Students interested in enrolling in the on-campus MPH degree program must apply and be admitted to the program through the OSU Graduate School.
For details regarding the on-campus MPH degree program application, send an email to the public health programs manager. Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Public Health or program courses does not guarantee admission to the MPH degree program.
Benefits of an Oregon State University online certificate program
- All classes are taught by OSU's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation in public health.
- OSU's College of Public Health and Human Sciences is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
- OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Online students receive the same credits as on-campus students, and credits may transfer to most higher education institutions.
- Students can complete their courses from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
With more than 900 online courses in over 90 subjects, discover how OSU Ecampus can turn your passion for promoting health into a lifelong career.