Now accepting students for the next term. Classes start soon.
Earn your Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Natural Resources from Oregon State University, a research institution renowned for its expertise in natural resources. This 18-credit online certificate is designed for all students, especially company, industry or agency employees who desire training in solving complex sustainability problems.
Students complete an integrated course of study in a dynamic learning community, under the mentorship of professionals, to design workable solutions for complex natural resource issues of local, state, regional, national and international importance.
Advantages of an Oregon State University online program
- All classes are developed by Oregon State's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- Oregon State is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- OSU's College of Forestry, which offers this online program, is recognized as a world-class leader in the industry, ranking ninth in a 2015 international survey of more than 3,000 universities.
- Oregon State University is a member of the Natural Resources Distance Learning Consortium (NRDLC), which includes seven universities that work together to deliver more than 300 courses online to agency professionals.
- Students who study online receive the same transcript as OSU's on-campus students.
- Students can study from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
Apply your graduate certificate toward a master’s degree
The specialized knowledge you gain through the sustainable natural resources graduate certificate program can serve as a pathway to Oregon State’s 45-credit Master of Natural Resources (MNR) program online.
The 18 credits you earn will satisfy your area of emphasis requirement for MNR, and you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Connect with faculty who can potentially serve as your MNR advisor
- Bypass the GRE requirement for MNR admission
- Apply for a change of degree at no cost
- Smoothly transition into the MNR program as a currently admitted student
- Meet the preferred requirement for natural resources-related work or volunteer experience
Please note: It’s important that you apply to change your degree program to MNR while you’re a current student in good standing in your graduate certificate program. Visit the Master of Natural Resources admissions page for details.