Now accepting students for fall 2016. Classes start Sept. 21.
Earn your Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Natural Resources from Oregon State University, a research institution renowned for its expertise in natural resources. This 18-credit online certificate is designed for all students, especially company, industry or agency employees who desire training in solving complex sustainability problems.
Students complete an integrated course of study in a dynamic learning community, under the mentorship of professionals, to design workable solutions for complex natural resource issues of local, state, regional, national and international importance.
Advantages of an Oregon State University online program
- All classes are developed by Oregon State's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- Oregon State is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- OSU's College of Forestry, which offers this online program, is recognized as a world-class leader in the industry, ranking ninth in a 2015 international survey of more than 3,000 universities.
- Oregon State University is a member of the Natural Resources Distance Learning Consortium (NRDLC), which includes seven universities that work together to deliver more than 300 courses online to agency professionals.
- Students who study online receive the same transcript as OSU's on-campus students.
- Students can study from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
Apply your graduate certificate toward a master’s degree
In addition to the specialized knowledge you gain through the sustainable natural resources graduate certificate program, the 18 credits you earn will satisfy your area of emphasis requirement for Oregon State’s 45-credit Master of Natural Resources (MNR) program.
Admission to a graduate certificate program does not guarantee admission to the MNR program. However, if you successfully complete the sustainable natural resources graduate certificate with a GPA above 3.0, you can apply for a “Change of Degree” and be admitted to the MNR program.
In addition, completing the graduate certificate allows you to:
- Connect with faculty who can potentially serve as your MNR advisor
- Bypass the GRE requirement for MNR admission
- Meet the natural resources-related work or volunteer experience preference