This Oregon State University wildlife management graduate certificate prepares you to identify effective solutions to complex wildlife management challenges. You'll gain the knowledge needed to handle many different local, national and international issues in the management of wildlife resources.
This is a flexible program, with a large number of courses that can be tailored to fit your interests. Courses are taught by OSU's faculty and delivered online through Ecampus – a national leader in online education.
The wildlife management graduate certificate will benefit you in three ways:
- Prepare you to apply to graduate school in a similar discipline.
- Provide advancement in your current position as a wildlife management professional.
- Provide graduate course work that can contribute to your qualifications for agency employment or certification by professional societies.
Learn from a nationally recognized program
The Department of Fisheries and Wildlife is part of OSU's College of Agricultural Sciences, which is recognized as a world-class leader in the industry. The college ranks eighth in a new international survey of more than 3,000 universities.
Learn. Network. Inspire.
Oregon State is hosting its sixth annual Natural Resources Leadership Academy (NRLA) June 18-23 and June 26-30 in Corvallis, Oregon.
NRLA brings together professionals and graduate students from across the world to establish connections, enhance leadership skills and learn from experts on timely, relevant topics in today's changing world.
Attend one or both weeks and earn university credits toward your fisheries management graduate certificate.
2017 tracks include:
- Environmental Politics and Policy
- Social Aspects of Sustainable Natural Resources
- Sustainability Assessment
- Water Conflict Management and Transformation
- Resilient and Robust Resource Management
Apply your graduate certificate toward a master’s degree
The specialized knowledge you gain through the wildlife management graduate certificate program can serve as a pathway to Oregon State’s 45-credit Master of Natural Resources (MNR) program online.
The 18 credits you earn will satisfy your area of emphasis requirement for MNR, and you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Connect with faculty who can potentially serve as your MNR advisor
- Bypass the GRE requirement for MNR admission
- Apply for a change of degree at no cost
- Smoothly transition into the MNR program as a currently admitted student
- Meet the preferred requirement for natural resources-related work or volunteer experience
Please note: It’s important that you apply to change your degree program to MNR while you’re a current student in good standing in your graduate certificate program. Visit the Master of Natural Resources admissions page for details.
Benefits of an Oregon State University online program
- All classes are developed by Oregon State's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation in natural resources and science fields.
- OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Online students receive the same credits as on-campus students, and credits transfer to most higher education institutions.
- Oregon State is considered America's natural resources university and recognized internationally for its research.
- Students can complete their courses from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.