Delivering a prestigious education with a strong legacy online
When you pursue an education with Oregon State Ecampus, you get all the prestige that comes with being a student of Oregon State University. OSU has been a difference-maker in the world since 1868, and that's the legacy our faculty pulls from when they develop and deliver the online degree programs and courses offered by Ecampus.
More recently, we've extended the university's expertise to online education. All of Ecampus' online classes are developed by the same instructors who teach Oregon State's on-campus courses, which is one of the reasons why we’re consistently honored as one of the nation's best providers of online education.
Each year, our national reputation grows
Oregon State Ecampus is ranked No. 8 on SuperScholar's annual list of the 25 best online colleges and universities in America. It's the second straight year Ecampus made the top 10, and the ranking is based on "degree selection diversity ... market credibility and prestige, academic quality, student support and student satisfaction."
Two other independent companies also recently praised Ecampus in their nationwide rankings, including TheBestSchools.org.
Discover OSU's expertise in our online degree programs
Oregon State is also widely regarded as a nationwide leader in many fields, and Ecampus offers degrees and certificates in many of them – taught by some of the best online educators in America:
- Agriculture: Oregon State's College of Agricultural Sciences has been ranked No. 1 in the U.S. for its work and is Oregon's principal source of knowledge for agricultural and food systems. Earn an OSU bachelor's degree online in agricultural sciences, horticulture or environmental economics and policy.
- Fisheries and wildlife: OSU is considered a worldwide leader in both fisheries and wildlife, and Ecampus enables you to study online for a B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences, earn a Graduate Certificate in Fisheries Management or a Professional Science Master's in Fisheries and Wildlife Administration.
- Dan Edge, the head of the Department of Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences at OSU, won the national 2012 Excellence in Teaching award for online education.
- Natural resources: We are America's natural resources university, and our historic commitment to studying and conserving the natural world continues today through instruction, research and service. Oregon State offers both a bachelor's program and a Master of Natural Resources online.
- Environmental sciences: The faculty and experts who operate the Ecampus bachelor's program in environmental sciences (which is part of the College of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences) are a major reason why OSU offers more insight and publishes more material on the environment than all but three other universities in America.
- And all our online degree offerings cultivate employable professionals whose commitment to learning often results in major student awards. The latest example is Sarah Price, who battled lifelong poverty to earn an OSU degree online and considerable acclaim in 2012.
In total, Ecampus offers more than 30 bachelor's and graduate programs, and OSU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, so you know your diploma comes with a strong reputation attached.
Oregon State has been making an impact for over a century, but we're just getting started. You can, too.