B.S. Computer Science – Online
Now accepting students for fall 2014. Classes start Sept. 29.
This is a unique post-baccalaureate program in computer science that is possible to complete in one year. The program is offered by Oregon State University's renowned School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) and delivered online through OSU Ecampus.
In this online degree program, students gain knowledge and skills in programming fundamentals; software engineering; computer systems and networking; mobile and web development; and user interfaces.
A powerful career advantage
You can build a powerful career advantage by merging computer science skills with your previous bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.), essentially creating unlimited career possibilities. The combination of the two degrees will make you more marketable to employers. For example, a biology + computer science degree = a career in bioinformatics or medical information systems. Visit the careers section to see other examples of career tracks with a computer science degree.
Flexible program structure with fast-track options
- The program offers one-year, two-year, three-year or four-year track options so that students can choose the track that best meets their busy lives and schedules.
- Because this is a post-baccalaureate program, students take only the required courses for computer science.
- Students can start any term: Summer, Fall, Winter or Spring.
- To enable all the students to get on the fast track, a new course in "introduction to computer science", CS 165, is offered for 8 credits. The course is a combination of introductory courses: CS 161 and CS 162, which offer the foundation knowledge for the program.
- Take a moment to check out a feature story about this program.
Advantages of an Oregon State University online degree:
- All classes are developed by OSU's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Online students receive the same diploma as on-campus students.
- Students can study from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
We’re here to support you
We understand that there is more involved to being a student than just completing a class. Oregon State Ecampus offers a full range of support services to help our students be successful, such as online tutoring, career services, library services and disability access. Plus, every degree-seeking student has an academic advisor to offer guidance in selecting courses and staying on track for graduation.
If you need assistance, please contact Ecampus by email or call 800-667-1465 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT.
Straight from the source
Learn more by visiting the School of EECS program website, which provides helpful resources and information for future and current Ecampus computer science students. You can also watch videos featuring program students and graduates as well as industry experts.