Now accepting students for summer 2015. Classes start June 22.
The Oregon State University online horticulture degree covers contemporary real-world issues faced by professional horticulturists. The program includes labs, diagnostics, student-managed projects and field-based problem solving. You will become skilled at finding and synthesizing information in order to deal with the novel situations you will face during your horticultural career.
As part of the major, you will learn the principles and practices associated with horticultural production within the context of plant pathology, pest management, soils, ecology and economics with applications in various horticulture career fields.
This degree program is offered by OSU's Department of Horticulture, and delivered online by OSU Ecampus.
Advantages of an Oregon State University online degree
- All classes are taught by OSU's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- Oregon State is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- OSU's College of Agricultural Sciences, which offers this online program, is recognized as a world-class leader in the industry, ranking eighth in a new international survey of more than 3,000 universities.
- Enhance your degree with one of Ecampus' online minors.
- Online students receive the same diploma as on-campus students.
- Students can study from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
With more than 900 online courses in over 90 subjects, discover how OSU Ecampus can turn your passion into a lifelong career.
We’re here to support you
We understand that there is more involved to being a student than just completing a class. Oregon State Ecampus offers a full range of support services to help our students be successful, such as online tutoring, career services, library services and disability access. Plus, every degree-seeking student has an academic advisor to offer guidance in selecting courses and staying on track for graduation. If you need assistance, please contact Ecampus by email or call 800-667-1465 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT.