Finding a Proctor
Finding A Proctor
Here are some simple ideas and limitations that will help you find a proctor easily and quickly. Following the Proctoring Guidelines will help you have a smooth exam process. To protect the integrity of examinations personal laptops are not allowed and exams may not be administered in a private residence; only in a professional proctored environment. (Note: ProctorU is an exception to this rule. Please visit their website for additional guidelines and requirements.) Ecampus reserves the right to reject any proposed proctor or any previously approved proctor. Picking a proctor who does not meet the acceptable proctor criteria may delay your proctor request. To submit your proctor choice you will need to complete the Exams and Proctoring Form.
- Official testing center at a college/university - Including, but not limited to those listed on NCTA (*those listed on NCTA are not the only testing centers available. Many schools not listed offer testing services).
- Certified librarians at a library, college/university, or school.
- College/university administrators, instructors, or academic advisors
- ProctorU (not an option for paper exams and not available for all courses)
- Learning/tutoring centers
- Educational officers of a military installation or correctional facility
- County extension offices
All proctors must have a verifiable professional email address, be able to provide a computer with internet access for up to 2 hours, and monitor the student during the exam. All proctors must be approved by Ecampus Testing. Previous approval of a proctor does not automatically guarantee approval in subsequent terms or for subsequent exams.
- Relatives or spouses/partners/significant others
- Friends and/or roommates of the student or student's family
- Co-workers, supervisors or business associates
- Students (either OSU or from other institutions)
- Athletic coaches
- Anyone who does not have a verifiable, professional email address (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. are unacceptable)
- Anyone who cannot provide a computer with internet access for up to 2 hours
- Anyone who cannot monitor the student during the exam (note that many libraries have difficulty with this requirement)
This list is not all inclusive and Ecampus may deny any proctor that appears unacceptable.
Problems Finding a Proctor?
Email Ecampus Testing or call 800-667-1465 or 541-737-9281. Our office hours are 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. PST Monday through Friday.