Services & Resources - Learning Centers
Math Learning Center
Students close to Oregon State University's main campus can take advantage of the Math Learning Center.
The services offered by the Math Learning Center are:
- a well-lit study area with tables and a coin-operated photocopy machine
- free drop-in tutoring (provided by GTA's, faculty volunteers, and a few hired undergraduate tutors)
- resources (textbooks, solution manuals, a few graphing calculators, etc.) to check out for use in the MLC
- make-up testing (faculty or TA's can leave make-up tests in a file behind the MLC desk; clerks will administer and refile the completed test to be picked up at the instructor's convenience)
- testing service for independent study Statistics courses (by special arrangement with the department of Statistics)
- a mathematics education resource room (for use by the Excel program and mathematics education classes)
- a computer classroom (for use by mathematics classes)
To get more information visit the Math Learning Center website.
The Writing Center understands that traveling to campus for an in-person writing consultation is not always possible. For those who need alternatives to the on-campus appointment, the Writing Center offers feedback through the Online Writing Lab (OWL). You can seek OWL feedback electronically via an email (asynchronous) consultation or via a Skype (synchronous) consultation.
For more information about services offered, visit the Online Writing Lab website.
The Valley Library Collaborative Learning Center (CLC)
Located in the Learning Commons, the CLC provides a variety of services to help students. The Career Center, Chemistry, Library, Math, Physics and the Writing Center provide assistance during scheduled hours.