Online Tutoring - Student Home Page
After you create your account, a personal Student Home Page will load, which looks like the image below. It contains the following sections:
- Connect with an e-structor now (Live Tutoring on an Interactive Whiteboard)
- Schedule a personal session
- Submit your writing
- Submit a question
- Search the schedule
- Academic Resources
- Archive of Tutoring Sessions
- Practice Whiteboard
Connect with an e-structor now (Live Tutoring on an Interactive Whiteboard)
- The “connect with an e-structor now” icon enables you to work one-on-one with an e-structor in a live tutorial session (note: you may have to wait just a few minutes if another student is working with a tutor)
- Live tutoring is available in Mathematics (Basic Math – Calculus II), Statistics, Physics, Economics, Accounting, Chemistry, Biology, and Writing (brainstorming, etc.)
- The “schedule a personal session” icon allows you to preschedule/reserve a private session with a preferred e-structor for a live tutoring session
- The “submit your writing” icon enables you to submit your writing (for any subject) and receive detailed, personalized feedback within 24 hours.
- You will complete a submission form and attach your essay, just as you would attach a document to an email.
- Specialists are available for Career Writing, Creative Writing and ESoL Writers.
The “submit a question” icon allows you to submit a question and receive a response from an e-structor within 24 hours.
You will type out your question on an interactive whiteboard and submit it to an e-structor.
The “search the schedule” icon enables you to search an e-structor’s schedule and drop in to work with your favorite tutor.
The “academic resources” icon contains a library of study resources and guides for you to access at anytime.
It contains many tools, including an Online Writer’s Handbook to help you write your essays/papers. Accessing this does not count toward your tutoring time available.
You may reference past tutorials, questions and essays in your file cabinet. It is an archive of all interactions between you and SMARTHINKING’s e-structors (tutors). Accessing your archive does not count toward your total tutoring time available. Ecampus instructors may request tutoring transcripts to verify tutoring protocol and appropriate use.
To explore different options on the whiteboard you may use the practice whiteboard (at the bottom of your academic home page). The time you spend using the practice whiteboard does not count toward your total tutoring time available.