Other OSU Tutoring Options
Math Learning Center
Students close to Oregon State University's main campus can take advantage of the Math Learning Center.
The services offered by the Math Learning Center are:
- a well-lit study area with tables and a coin-operated photocopy machine
- free drop-in tutoring (provided by GTA's, faculty volunteers, and a few hired undergraduate tutors)
- resources (textbooks, solution manuals, a few graphing calculators, etc.) to check out for use in the MLC
- make-up testing (faculty or TA's can leave make-up tests in a file behind the MLC desk; clerks will administer and refile the completed test to be picked up at the instructor's convenience)
- testing service for independent study Statistics courses (by special arrangement with the department of Statistics)
- a mathematics education resource room (for use by the Excel program and mathematics education classes)
- a computer classroom (for use by mathematics classes)
Note: No tutoring is available during final exam week.
To get more information visit the Math Learning Center website.
OSU's Center for Writing and Learning (CWL) offers writing support for OSU students, staff, and members of the Corvallis community.
Writing assistants can help with all aspects of the writing process from brainstorming and organization to questions of grammar and usage. Call (541) 737-5640 for an appointment. Students may also submit their work-in-progress to the Center's Online Writing Lab
To get more information, visit the Writing Center website.
The Valley Library Collaborative Learning Center (CLC)
Located in the Information Commons, the CLC provides has a variety of services to help support your studies.The Career Center, Chemistry, Library, and Physics provide assistance during scheduled hours.