Why learn Japanese?
- Japan's prosperous economy is the most diverse in Asia with the second largest economy in the world. Speaking Japanese can prove to be beneficial to those in the business industry.
- After English and Chinese, Japanese is the third most commonly spoken language in the world.
- Japanese is one of the most analytical languages making it a great base to learn other Asian languages.
Students who complete the Japanese culture courses will be able to:
- Have a basic understanding of day-to-day life in Japan.
- Be able to explain some of the history and culture of Japan.
- Describe aspects of Japanese culture such as names and holidays.
Introduction to Kanji Course- (4 credits)
Japanese Culture Courses (3 credits each)
For more information on the other six languages that students can learn through Ecampus, visit the Foreign Language Overview Page.