Delivering a prestigious education with a strong legacy online
When you pursue an education with Oregon State Ecampus, you get all the prestige that comes with being a student of Oregon State University. OSU has been a difference-maker in the world since 1868, and that's the legacy our faculty pulls from when they develop and deliver the online degree programs and courses offered by Ecampus.
Each year, our national reputation grows
Oregon State Ecampus is widely considered one of America's best providers of online education. In January 2017, OSU's online bachelor's programs were ranked top 10 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for the third year in a row. The following honors have been bestowed upon Ecampus in the past several years:
- Best Online Bachelor's Programs – U.S. News & World Report (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014)
- Best Online Bachelor's Programs for Veterans – U.S. News & World Report (2017, 2016, 2015)
- The 50 Best Online Colleges – TheBestColleges.com (2017)
- Top 50 Best Value Online Colleges – Value Colleges (2017, 2015)
- Best Online College in Oregon – Affordable Colleges Online (2017)
- Best Online College in Oregon – Value Colleges (2017)
- Best Online Colleges – OnlineColleges.net (2017)
- Best Online Bachelor's Degrees -- Affordable Colleges Online (2017)
- 50 Best Online Colleges – College Choice (2017)
- The 10 Best Accredited Online Colleges – College Values Online (2016)
- Most Affordable Online College for Bachelor's Degrees – College Choice (2017)
- Best Online College in Oregon – BestColleges.com (2016)
- The 30 Best Online Colleges – Great Value Colleges (2015)
- The 50 Best Online Colleges – TheBestSchools.org (2017, 2015, 2014, 2012)
- The 25 Best Online Colleges – Best College Reviews (2015)
- The 25 Best Accredited Online Colleges – Create a Career (2015)
- The Best Online College in Oregon – TheBestSchools.org (2014)
- Smart Choice 25 Best Online Colleges – SuperScholar (2014, 2013, 2012)
- Best Online Colleges – Affordable Colleges Online (2016, 2013)
- Top 20 Online Colleges – TheBestColleges.org (2011)
Our national prestige is based on rigorous criteria, which takes into consideration these factors and many others:
- faculty credentials and training
- student engagement
- student services and technology
- student retention rate
- degree selection diversity
- academic quality
Discover OSU's expertise in our online degree programs
In the past few years, more than a dozen individual OSU Ecampus programs have been ranked among the best of their kind in the nation.
Oregon State is widely regarded as a nationwide leader in many disciplines, and Ecampus delivers degree and certificate programs in many of them.
- Agricultural sciences: Oregon State's College of Agricultural Sciences has been ranked No. 1 in the U.S. for its work and is Oregon's principal source of knowledge for agricultural and food systems. In 2016, OSU was further recognized as a world-class leader in the industry, ranking 14th in a new international survey of more than 3,000 universities. Earn an OSU bachelor's degree online in agricultural sciences, horticulture or environmental economics and policy.
- Fisheries and wildlife sciences: OSU is considered a worldwide leader in both fisheries and wildlife, and Ecampus enables you to study online for a B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences, earn a Graduate Certificate in Fisheries Management or a Professional Science Master's in Fisheries and Wildlife Administration.
- F&W professors Stan Gregory and Brian Sidlauskas, have each been honored in recent years for the outstanding work as educators.
- Natural resources: We are America's natural resources university, and our historic commitment to studying and conserving the natural world continues today through instruction, research and service. Oregon State offers both a bachelor's program, a Master of Natural Resources program and a graduate certificate in sustainable natural resources online.
- Environmental sciences: The faculty and experts who operate the Ecampus bachelor's program in environmental sciences, which is part of the College of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences, are a major reason why OSU offers more insight and publishes more material on the environment than all but three other universities in America.
- Engineering: Oregon State's College of Engineering offers a master's degree in industrial engineering online, and in January 2017 the program was recognized as being among the best of its kind in the nation. The fully online program, which has a focus on engineering management, is ranked No. 28 nationally.
In total, Ecampus delivers more than 50 bachelor's and graduate programs, and Oregon State is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, so you know your diploma comes with a strong reputation attached.
Oregon State has been making an impact for over a century, but we're just getting started. You can, too.