Oregon State Ecampus
by the numbers
OSU faculty partners
individual students who took one or more Ecampus class in 2015-16
students who have earned an OSU degree online since 2002
years in a row Ecampus has been ranked one of the nation’s best online universities
Oregon State University Ecampus is the catalyst for making educational dreams a reality. Whether you’re a working professional, a stay-at-home parent, serving in the military or simply looking to finish what you started, our top-ranked online degree programs help you move forward in life. Everything we do is designed to empower you and give you access to the high-quality education you deserve, no matter where you live.
Oregon State University’s roots in distance education stretch back to the 1930s when the university delivered pioneering programs in Portland and on the Oregon coast. Oregon State’s first complete distance degree program was offered in liberal studies via correspondence and video in the 1980s, and Oregon State Ecampus – as the unit exists today – began delivering degree programs and courses online in 2002.
Ecampus has grown rapidly in recent years in order to meet the 21st century educational needs of learners throughout the world, with more than 45 bachelor’s and graduate programs available at a distance.
Read more of our story on the Ecampus website.
Ecampus proudly serves adult learners in all 50 states and more than 40 countries. The people who enroll in Ecampus courses and programs consist of distance (off-campus) students – whose life situations make it difficult for them to attend courses on Oregon State’s Corvallis or Bend campuses – and campus-based students who may take an occasional online course due to a schedule conflict or preference for online learning.
Here is a student demographic breakdown for the 2015-16 school year:
- Approximately 54 percent of OSU distance students are women.
- Approximately 27 percent of OSU distance students are Oregon residents.
- The average age of OSU distance students is 32.
- OSU students enrolled in 213,465 credit hours online, a 17 percent increase from the previous year.
- Distance students took 55 percent (117,518) of all Ecampus credits in 2015-16.
Marketing communications manager
Oregon State Ecampus is regarded as one of the nation’s best providers of online education and is ranked as such by various independent publications. Ecampus has earned and maintained distinction based on academic quality, student engagement, faculty credentials and training, student satisfaction and degree selection diversity among other criteria.
In January 2017, the Ecampus online bachelor’s degree programs were ranked top 10 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for the third consecutive year.
Learning online at Oregon State University provides ample advantages that can’t be obtained at many other online universities. Here are some of the benefits that come with being an Oregon State Ecampus student:
- All Ecampus classes are developed by OSU’s renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- Oregon State is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Ecampus students receive the same transcript and diploma as OSU’s on-campus students.
- Students can study from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
- Ecampus provides students with career services, student success counseling, 24/7 online tutoring, access to OSU Libraries and countless other resources.
Oregon State Ecampus is part of the Division of Extended Campus, which provides access to a variety of high-quality learning opportunities to students throughout the world. The division is home to Ecampus, OSU Summer Session, Open Oregon State, the OSU Ecampus Research Unit, as well as OSU Professional and Continuing Education.
- Ecampus does not “offer” OSU degree programs online; we deliver them online in partnership with various colleges and departments on campus.
- Our name should be listed as Oregon State University Ecampus on first reference and as Oregon State Ecampus, OSU Ecampus or Ecampus thereafter. It is never hyphenated (E-Campus, E-campus) or stylized in any other manner (eCampus).
- All OSU units adhere The Associated Press Stylebook in web and printed materials for editorial style.
- OSU’s brand identity guidelines help govern how we present Ecampus and the university online and in print, video and other formats.