Check Your Computer
Try it! The computer check just takes a few seconds to complete!
Extended Campus students are expected to be familiar with computers, the Internet, and email. If you are interested in knowing what is needed, you can use our computer check.
This check will look at the computer you are currently using to see if it meets the minimum requirements needed for Ecampus online courses.
Extended Campus students must have access to the following:
- Your Computer
- PC: Windows XP, Vista or 7
- Mac: OSX 10.5 or higher
- A modem or other device capable of connecting to the Internet at a speed of at least 28.8 Kbps (56 Kbps or higher highly recommended)
- Internet Browser
- Firefox 3.0 or higher
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher (Note: IE is no longer supported for Mac)
- Safari 3.2 or higher
- For Streaming Media Courses
- A High-speed Internet connection (Cable, DSL, or similar)
- A sound card and speakers
- QuickTime 7
- Adobe Flash Player 9 or higher
- Virus Protection Software
- Up-to-date virus protection software
- Other Software
- An email account
- Note: Ensure mail from OSU and Extended Campus is not automatically blocked
- Word processing software
- Some classes may have specific requirements for additional software. These requirements will be listed in the course syllabus
To check to see if your computer meets the minimum requirements, please click the "Check My Computer" link below.