Ready to apply?
Once you determine which Oregon State online degree program (including minors, certificates or just a few courses) is the right fit for you, it’s time to apply to OSU.
Determine what type of prospective student you are:
- First-year: You are in high school, or a high school graduate with fewer than 36 quarter (24 semester) college credits; or a GED holder.
- Transfer: You have at least 36 quarter (24 semester) graded, transferable credits from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Post-bacc: You have a baccalaureate degree, and want an additional undergraduate degree or minor.
- Graduate: You have a baccalaureate degree and want to pursue a master, doctorate or certificate program. (NOTE: OSU's graduate programs have specific admission requirements. Select the program you plan to apply to for full admission details.)
- Nondegree: You just want to take a few courses (like chemistry or foreign languages), but not complete an entire degree program. Don't go on to Step 2 – see nondegree-seeking student application instructions toward the bottom of this page.
- International: Admissions for international students includes specific requirements and steps.
- Returning undergraduate OSU student: You were once admitted to OSU but left the university for four or more terms and now want to return. Don't go on to Step 2 – see application instructions toward the bottom of this page.
Select the type of student you are above to learn more about specific admission requirements. This will determine which application process you follow. Please note that graduate students must apply to both the OSU Graduate School and the graduate program offering the degree or certificate.
Complete OSU's online application. This includes setting up a login account, paying the nonrefundable application fee and submitting all relevant transcripts and application materials (these may differ by program). The current application fee is $60 for undergraduate and graduate and $30 for nondegree-seeking students.
Make sure to pay attention to any application deadlines related to Ecampus programs you are interested in. As a general rule, apply at least 10 weeks prior to the start of classes to allow your application to process and time to register for classes. Check OSU's academic calendar for information on when classes start, and remember OSU is on the quarter-term system instead of semesters.
Wait to hear from OSU's Office of Admissions. It can take up to four weeks for OSU Admissions to review and process your completed application (once you have submitted all required documents) and tell you if you are accepted into the program. You can check the status of your application online. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact OSU Admissions at 800-291-4192 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Just want to take a few courses (nondegree-seeking student)?
If you are interested in just a few online courses and not a full degree program, simply apply as a nondegree-seeking student. You will need to fill out OSU’s online application and pay the $30 nonrefundable application fee. It typically takes a few business days to process your application.
Returning to OSU?
If you were once an undergraduate or nondegree student at OSU who left for four or more terms (not counting summer), you need to fill out the readmit application form. More re-enrollment information can be found in OSU's online catalog. Contact OSU's Office of the Registrar at 541-737-4331 or via email.
Once you are admitted...
After being admitted to OSU, you will take part in a comprehensive online orientation that provides you with information about OSU, online learning with Ecampus and the next steps for starting classes. For degree-seeking students, your advisor will contact you after the orientation to discuss your degree plan and determine which requirements you have yet to complete. Your advising meetings will take place via phone, email or video chat with programs such as Skype. At that time you will receive a necessary PIN number in order to register for classes.
Welcome to OSU! The Ecampus staff is committed to helping you earn your OSU degree and enjoy the educational journey. Please contact us if we can help make your online experience more enriching.