Spanish - Online Courses
Why learn Spanish?
- With over 35 million Spanish speakers in the United States, the U.S. has the 5th largest Spanish-speaking population.
- In today's diverse work environment, speaking Spanish is always preferred and often required as part of many careers. Learning Spanish will open many doors and provide you with an instant competitive advantage.
- Due to the similarity between English and Spanish words and because written Spanish is almost completely phonetic, it is one of the easiest foreign languages to learn.
First-year Spanish Language and Culture Courses (4 credits each)
Second-year Spanish Language and Culture Courses (4 credits each)
Third-year Spanish Language and Culture Courses (3 credits each)
Spanish Culture, Business and Writing Courses (3 credits each)
Students who complete first and second year Spanish will be able to:
- Use the alphabet, spell words, and pronounce words correctly.
- Learn vocabulary to sustain basic conversation.
- Express dates and times.
- Use verbs in the present tense.
- Understand more fully the cultural orientation of an assortment of Hispanic communities and identify the similarities and differences from the various communities we belong to.
- Converse about climate, geography, family, traditions, leisure, etc.
- Write about topics using grammar and syntactical structures introduced in learning material.
Learn from a well-respected university
Spanish courses are developed and taught by Oregon State faculty within the Department of World Languages and Cultures and all course material is delivered through multimedia instruction coupled with realistic learning objectives. Students will interact with their classmates through online discussion boards and interactive content to gain competency communicating in Spanish. Online students receive the same curriculum and transcripts as our on-campus students.
Transfer your credits
All students enrolled in Oregon State Ecampus classes pay in-state tuition, making online classes affordable and flexible. It is important to note that Oregon State University runs on a quarter system. If you are transferring credits be sure to confirm the transfer policy of your home institution. Learn more about transferring credits.
Need more information about online foreign language courses?