Knowledge Base Answer

Question: 1963 (384 Views)

How do I S/U a course and is there a deadline?


Please check with your advisor before selecting the S/U (Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory) grading option, as it is not accepted in all majors. Any changes from the A-F option (to S/U) are done by completing a change of grading basis form and submitting it to the registrar's office. This form requires the signature of the students' academic advisor. Ecampus Student Services can help you obtain your advisor's signature.

Please keep in mind that there are date restrictions for this process. During fall, winter and spring terms, the grading changes must be submitted prior to 4 p.m. Friday of the seventh week of the term. However, summer term deadlines will vary. Please refer to the academic calendar for grading change options.

Also, please note that a grade of S (satisfactory) shall be equivalent to grades A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, and C-. A grade of U (unsatisfactory) shall be equivalent to grades D+, D, D-, or F.  The S grade credits shall be counted toward graduation. No credits are awarded for U grades.