Course Development & Faculty Training
Staff within the Ecampus Course Development and Training unit provide the following services for departments and faculty interested in creating and teaching online courses:
QM Course Design
Ecampus is excited to begin a new initiative that seeks to improve student learning experiences and success in online courses by focusing on improving course design, using the independent and research-based Quality Matters (QM) peer review process.
- Expertise in state-of-the art methods of teaching online
- Project management, from development through design, production and delivery, to reduce instructor production time, improve student experience and comply with OSU standards and requirements, including:
- Researching textbooks and online resources
- Coordination of multimedia and interactive media production
- Copyright tracking
- Document preparation
- Training, to enable faculty to access and manage course content, including:
- Blackboard solutions
- Supplemental website solutions
- Document accessibility solutions
- Continuous quality improvement and ongoing relationships with technical experts, to implement Instructional Design best practices.
To learn more about developing a course or program through Oregon State Ecampus, contact Lisa L. Templeton at 541-737-1279.
Hybrid Course Initiative
Ecampus supports the efforts of OSU's Hybrid Course Initiative, which places a focus on the redesign of selected on-campus courses for hybrid delivery. Through this program, the Center for Teaching and Learning provides instructional design services and facilitation of term-long faculty learning communities composed of small groups of faculty who are engaged in hybrid course redesign. For more information on the Hybrid Course Initiative, contact Cub Kahn.