Discover the advantages of learning a foreign language online
Our world is becoming increasingly interconnected requiring a competitive bilingual workforce. The World Languages and Cultures Department along with Oregon State Ecampus invite you to discover the flexibility and ease of completing one of nearly 50 language or culture courses online; including a B.A. or minor in German and a B.A. in Spanish.
Choose from these language and culture courses:
- American Sign Language
- German (also you can earn a bachelor's degree or a minor)
- Spanish (also you can earn a bachelor's degree)
Culture only courses:
Completing your foreign language requirements from an accredited university will provide you with a professional advantage setting you apart from the competition. According to research by the National Security Education Program there are five primary reasons to include a foreign language in your education:
1. Foreign language programs improve students’ overall academic performance.
2. Foreign language programs positively affect students’ intellectual development.
3. Foreign language programs help close the achievement gap for economically disadvantaged students, the learning disabled, and English as a second language learners.
4. Foreign language programs enhance students’ career opportunities.
5. Foreign language programs provide students the opportunity to explore other cultures and more fully understand their own.
To find out when courses are offered and to view the syllabus for each course, please visit the Ecampus schedule of classes.