Compare 20+ online undergraduate degrees
Now accepting students for summer 2017. Classes start June 26.
How do the actions of our past affect the current world? This research-focused history degree program, delivered online by Oregon State Ecampus, explores that question and more to prepare students for successful careers as leading thinkers in the workforce.
Students immerse themselves in a robust program to better understand contemporary global issues by searching for patterns and relationships from our history. In addition, students will gain well-rounded intellectual development and essential career skills in critical thinking, writing, argumentation and documentation.
The curriculum is developed and taught by Oregon State professors and instructors within the School of History, Philosophy and Religion who have a deep understanding in the history of military conflict, the Middle East, science and society, race relations in the Atlantic world, environmental issues, and the Pacific Northwest.
Advantages of an online History degree from OSU's School of History, Philosophy, and Religion (SHPR):
- Join the SHPR community, made up of students and alums from all 50 states, 11 countries, as well as active military service members and veterans.
- Engage with historical sources and compose an original research project in the HST 407 Research Seminar.
- Connect to the broad network of OSU history majors by joining the History Students Association (HSA)
- Showcase your research at the HSA’s annual Undergraduate History Conference. If you can't attend in person, join remotely.
- Build your critical skillset and prepare for success after graduation by participating in the Public History & Internship Program.
- Scholarships and Awards are available for History majors.
Advantages of an Oregon State University online degree
- All classes are developed by OSU's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- Oregon State is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Online students receive the same OSU diploma as on-campus students.
- Enhance your degree with a minor. OSU Ecampus offers a diverse selection of minors online.
- Students can study from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
With more than 1,000 online courses in more than 90 subjects, discover how OSU Ecampus can turn your passion into a lifelong career.
We're here to support you
We understand that there is more involved to being a student than just completing a class. Oregon State Ecampus offers a full range of support services to help our students be successful, such as online tutoring, career services, library services and disability access. Plus, every degree-seeking student has an academic advisor to offer guidance in selecting courses and staying on track for graduation. If you need assistance, please contact Ecampus by email or call 800-667-1465 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT.