Remote Staff Discount
The Remote Staff Discount Program is designed to provide equivalent “Staff Fee Privilege” discounts to eligible OSU employees for up to 4 credit hours, per term, taken through OSU Extended Campus. Twenty-five fee remission packages, per term, will be granted on a first-come first-serve basis. The program is OSU specific and may not be used to access on-site or distance education programs at other OUS institutions.
The Remote Staff Discount program will support only OSU faculty and staff who:
are pursuing a program of studies leading to a degree or academic certificate program offered by OSU, or will be taking courses that clearly enhance or improve job skills for current employee assignments
will access their coursework via fully online credit courses offered through OSU Extended Campus
will be at least .50 FTE during the proposed term(s) of study
work at OSU facilities outside a 50 mile radius of the OSU Corvallis Campus or the OSU Cascades campus service areas
- The Remote Staff Discount Program is not extended to family members.
- If the degree, academic certificate, or course elected by the staff member is available at another Oregon University System (OUS) campus within a 50 mile radius of the staff member’s work site, the staff member must use their OUS Staff Fee Privilege at that location. The OSU Remote Staff Discount Program will not apply to these programs.
The Remote Staff Discount Program will be evaluated at the end of the academic year, including assessment of the program’s scope and sustained funding for the program.
Application Process and Deadline
The application is available as a printable PDF document or by contacting OSU Extended Campus. Separate application forms must be submitted for each term of proposed study. The completed form, including required signatures, must be received no later than two days prior to the start of term. If the application form is received after the deadline, it may be accepted at the discretion of Extended Campus. However, you will be responsible for any accrued billings and interest charges.
Submission of the Remote Staff Discount application does not constitute course registration. You must register for your course(s) and, depending on your situation, you must apply for admission to OSU.
Tuition and Fees
Discounted tuition and fees assessed are:
- 25% of Resident Undergraduate Tuition at OSU.
- A $5 per credit hour OSU Extended Campus distance education fee.
2016-2017 academic year tuition
|Discounted tuition rate (Ecampus online courses only)||1 credit||2 credits||3 credits||4 credits|
Additional fees you are required to pay (not included in the above tuition amounts):
- Application and Matriculation Fees for admitted students.
- Study Resource Fees.
- Course-specific fees (described in the OSU/Ecampus schedule of classes).
- Late Registration and Change of Registration Fees.
Fees you are not required to pay:
- Building fees
- Health Services fees
- Incidental fees
If you have any questions about these comparisons, please contact: