Admission Requirements: Graduate Certificate in Fisheries Management – Online
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university and a 3.0 GPA in their last two years of undergraduate study. Preferably, students will have at least two years of experience working in a field or organization related to fisheries management.
- Fill out the OSU application online. When applying, choose "Graduate Studies", and for Planned Course of Study choose Fisheries Management, Ecampus (Online) (Certificate).
- Submit the application fee online (credit card required).
- Submit the departmental requirements to the following address:
Graduate Certificate in Fisheries Management Program
Oregon State University
104 Nash Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331
Or via email to email@example.com
The departmental application requirements are:
- Three (3) letters of reference
- Statement of Interest. This should be a one-page document that includes your reasons for pursuing the Certificate program, long-range plans, specific areas of interest
- CV or resumé
- Send ONE official transcript from each school attended to the OSU Graduate School at the following address:
Oregon State University
300 Kerr Administration Building
Corvallis, OR 97333
- GRE scores are not required.
International students only
- Take the TOEFL or IELTS exam (if applicable, i.e., INTERNATIONAL applicants) and have scores sent to the OSU Graduate School. The code for OSU is 4586. Scores must be less than 2 years old at the time you begin the program.
- Fulfill any other requirements of the university if you are a non US citizen / international applicant. For more details, visit the Admissions website.
When your application file is complete and all documents are received, your package will be forwarded to the review committee for evaluation. Please allow up to 60 days prior to your planned start term for full consideration of your application.
Already an OSU student?
Applicants already enrolled in the OSU Graduate School who would like to pursue the Graduate Certificate in Fisheries Management should first consult with their major adviser. If you decide to enroll, please notify the Graduate Certificate in Fisheries Management Program by emailing the program assistant.
Just want to take a few courses, but not the full certificate?
If you do not wish to apply to the OSU Graduate Program at this time but are interested in taking individual classes that are part of the Graduate Certificate in Fisheries Management curriculum, you may apply to OSU as a non degree seeking graduate student. if you later wish to apply to the Graduate Certificate in Fisheries Management program or other graduate degree program, please be aware that a maximum of 6 credits earned as a non-degree seeking student may be transferred to a graduate certificate or degree program. For additional details, please refer to the graduate admission policy as it pertains to non-degree graduate status students.
If you have any questions, please contact OSU Ecampus at 800-667-1465 or firstname.lastname@example.org.