Admission Requirements: Graduate Certificate in Management for Science Professionals – Online
You must fulfill both university and departmental requirements for admission into this online graduate certificate program. All graduate admission application materials should be submitted at least six weeks in advance of the start of classes to allow time for processing. International students should apply at least two months in advance.
- Baccalaureate degree (in science, technology, engineering or mathematics) from a college or university.
- A combined GPA of 3.00 on the last 90 quarter (60 semester) credit hours of graded undergraduate work toward the first baccalaureate degree plus all work completed thereafter.
- Students should expect and be prepared to complete graduate-level coursework toward the certificate.
- Applicants must have basic computer literacy (high comfort level with Microsoft Windows file and disk management, as well the Internet).
Proceed with admissions:1. Formally apply to the Graduate School at Oregon State University by following the instructions provided under Step 1. Application to Oregon State University: complete an online application form (as a degree-seeking graduate student); pay the $60 nonrefundable application fee by credit card; and mail a resume and one official transcript, of all previous college coursework to the Graduate School. Please also include a "Statement of Interest" outlining your academic and career objectives. If you are unable to use the online application system, please send the Graduate School application, application fee payment and all other required documents in one packet to:
2. If you are an international student, you must also send the following documents with your application materials:
300 Kerr Administration Bldg
Oregon State University
Corvallis OR 97331-2121
Telephone: 541-737-2251 or toll-free 877-648-0088
Web site: http://oregonstate.edu/admissions/graduate.php
a) Two sets of official TOEFL scores or IELTS scores. English language proficiency demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper/pencil test) or 213 (computer-based test). IELTS test scores can be used as a substitute for TOEFL scores. The score must be 7.0 or above. Scores must be less than 2 years old at the time of the applicant’s registration for classes. View OSU Admissions TOEFL information.
b) A certified English translation of the official academic transcripts.
3. Upon acceptance by the Graduate School, proceed with registering for the classes in the online graduate certificate program that are available during the upcoming term.Non-degree students:
The admissions steps and other listed requirements (described above) apply only to graduate certificate-seeking or graduate degree-seeking students. Non-degree seeking students who may later wish to apply to a graduate degree program should be aware that a maximum of 6 credits earned as a non-degree seeking student may be transferred to a graduate certificate or degree program. For additional details, please refer to the Graduate Admission Policy as it pertains to non-degree graduate status students. You may apply for Non-degree Graduate Status by using the non-degree online application.