Curriculum: Graduate Certificate in Management for Science Professionals – Online
Students will receive graduate-level university credits and a certificate upon successful completion of this 18-credit online program. The flexibility of the Ecampus online Graduate Certificate in Management for Science Professionals allows students to reach their career goals without having to complete an master's degree program, thesis or internship.
Course topics include:
- Communication and the practice of science (COMM 550 - 3 credits)
- Professional skills (PSM 513 - 3 credits)
- Research ethics (PHL 547 - 3 credits)
- Accounting and finance for scientists (PSM 565 - 3 credits)
- Project management and marketing scientific technologies (PSM 566 - 3 credits)
- Innovation management (PSM 567 - 3 credits)
- Advanced scientific and technical writing (PSM 525 - 4 credits)
Students are required to participate in a one-week workshop located in Oregon the week prior to the start of fall term. The workshop will be held at an off-campus facility, which will give students an opportunity to get to know their cohort – something previous workshop participants claim is invaluable. Topics will be covered that are not included elsewhere in the curriculum but have been identified as very important by students and their employers. Some of these topics include exploring career goals, project collaboration in the virtual environment, networking and dining etiquette, interview and time management skills.
For further information about these courses, please visit the College of Science professional science master's course information page.