B.A./B.S. Sociology – Online
Now accepting students for winter 2015. Classes start Jan. 5.
OSU's online sociology degree program explores the study of human society, social forces and social interaction. As a sociology major you will study how human values and community are shaped by class, gender and ethnic differences, and learn about abstract social forces such as modernization and globalization.
Sociology majors go on to hold successful careers in criminal justice, law, social services, education, non-profit work and news media. An undergraduate degree in sociology is also a stepping stone toward master's and Ph.D programs and law school.
This online bachelor's degree program is offered by the OSU Department of Sociology, and delivered online by OSU Ecampus.
Advantages of an Oregon State University online degree
- All classes are taught by OSU's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Online students receive the same diploma as on-campus students.
- Enhance your degree with a minor. OSU Ecampus offers a diverse selection of minors online.
- Students can study from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
With more than 900 online courses in over 90 subjects, discover how OSU Ecampus can turn your passion into a lifelong career.
We’re here to support you
We understand that there is more involved to being a student than just completing a class. Oregon State Ecampus offers a full range of support services to help our students be successful, such as online tutoring, career services, library services and disability access. Plus, every degree-seeking student has an academic advisor to offer guidance in selecting courses and staying on track for graduation. If you need assistance, please contact Ecampus by email or call 800-667-1465 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT.