Exams and Proctoring
Some of your distance courses require you to take proctored exams. Your instructor will indicate this requirement via the course syllabus, a Blackboard announcement, or an email. Not all of your courses may require proctored exams.
What is a proctor and why do I need one? A proctor is a person that will supervise you while taking an exam. Proctors are needed to ensure Academic Integrity during the exam.It is your responsibility to find and schedule your proctor in a timely fashion to take your exam. Please see Finding a Proctor for details on acceptable proctors.
If you have questions or problems, please email Ecampus Testing or call us 800-667-1465 or 541-737-9281. Our office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Time.
To Schedule Your Proctor
We recommend that you fill out the Exams and Proctoring Form 1-2 weeks prior to your exam.
Login to the Exams and Proctoring Form and complete the four steps to set up your proctor. If you have never filled out the Proctoring Form or it's been awhile since you've last completed it, viewing the Exams and Proctoring Flash Tutorial may be helpful to you.
- Step 1: Review and edit your contact information
- Step 2: Enter the course(s) which require proctoring
- Step 3: Select and schedule your proctor(s) and submit
- Step 4: Review your proctor(s) and exam(s) *This step shows if you submitted your proctor successfully
- Your exam information will be emailed to your proctor 3 weeks prior to your exam. You will receive a confirmation email to your ONID email letting you know that is has been sent.
- If you have submitted a proctor that Ecampus Testing has not used before it will go through an approval process which can take up to 1 or 2 weeks. Once your proctor has been approved/denied you will receive a confirmation email to your ONID email informing you of the decision. Then your exam information will be emailed to your proctor 3 weeks prior to your exam. You will receive another confirmation email letting you know it has been sent.
- If you need to take an exam concerning an incomplete from a past term, contact Ecampus Testing.
On The Day of Your Exam
- Bring a form of photo identification
- Bring any items allowed by your instructor for the exam (i.e. calculator, book, notes, etc.)
- Reminder: cell phones, laptops, tablets, and/or PDAs are not allowed during your exam
- When you complete your exam, it will be sent to your instructor for grading.