This is a post-baccalaureate program, meaning you will earn a second bachelor's degree after completing all degree requirements.
- A four-year bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.)
- Math course requirement (you must meet one of the following criterion):
- College algebra or pre-calculus (must be transferable and the equivalent of OSU's MTH 111 College Algebra) with a B grade or higher
- College statistics with a C grade or higher
- Calculus or above course with a C grade or higher
- AP calculus test scores of 3, 4 or 5 may be used to meet the math requirement. (Please be sure your scores show up on your undergraduate transcript or send test scores to the OSU Office of Admissions)
- Placement test scores are not accepted for the math requirement
- 2.25 accumulated GPA requirements
- Personal statement of 150-200 words describing your academic and professional background, interest in computer science and career goals
- Please make sure you are up-to-date on your math skills
- Meet OSU's minimum post-bacc admissions requirements
NOTE: Meeting the minimum admissions requirements does not guarantee your admission.
All degree-seeking students applying to Oregon State University go through our online application process. This includes setting up a login account, filling out the online application form and paying a $60 nonrefundable fee. You will be applying as a post-bacc student.
Please visit OSU's School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science website for more detail on the requirements and the application process.
The following deadlines will be enforced for post-bacc applications to Oregon State's computer science online program. All prerequisite course work must be completed by the corresponding date:
- Winter term – Nov. 1
- Spring term – Feb. 1
- Summer term – May 1
- Fall term (beginning in 2016) – Aug. 1
Note: If a deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, the application deadline is automatically extended to the next business day.
Current OSU students
If you are a current Oregon State student enrolled in another bachelor's degree program at OSU, you can participate in this program as a double-degree student. Please contact Ecampus for more information.