Master of Education (Ed.M.) – Online
Now accepting students for summer 2014. Classes start June 23.
Oregon State University provides a rigorous master's in K-12 education that is delivered entirely online for your convenience and accessibility. This is an advanced program for teachers who want to further their studies.
If you're a K-12 teacher with at least one year of experience and access to a classroom, our advanced program is the next step toward becoming a "master" educator.
Making an impact
Noelia Flux dreamed she would one day become a teacher. But she didn't believe it could ever happen. Read more>>
Designed for working teachers
Our K-12 education program offers you a rigorous academic experience, while providing the flexibility to blend online course work with your professional and personal life.
This is a 45-credit master's program. Most students enroll in one course every term during the regular academic year, and two to three courses in the summer. This makes it possible to complete the program in two to three years.
Your classroom is your lab
Today's K-12 classrooms present many complex challenges. This program provides you with the knowledge and skills to deliver research-based instruction to meet the needs of all students.
You will use your classroom to apply instructional strategies that meet the needs of diverse learners. This practical application increases your ability to make informed, rational decisions when confronted with the multitude of teaching situations.
Benefits of the OSU Ed.M. online program
- Start any term.
- Advance at your own pace. You are not tied to a cohort.
- Complete the program in two to seven years. Average completion is 2.5 years.
- Transfer in up to 15 graduate credits (if meet requirements).
- Network with K-12 teachers throughout Oregon, the U.S. and world.
- Learn with committed faculty who have many years of classroom experience.
- Incorporates the professional standards of excellence outlined by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and in Oregon by the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC).
- Oregon State University is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities