Ready to apply?
The processes outlined on this page are for individuals seeking the 20-credit online graduate certificate at OSU. This option is aimed at off-campus, working professionals or other continuing education students seeking a certificate in Public Health. If you are interested in just a few courses and not the full certificate, please see the "nondegree-seeking" information at the bottom of this page.
You must fulfill both university and college requirements for admission to this online graduate certificate program. All admission application materials should be submitted at least one month in advance of the start of classes to allow time for processing. You may apply any quarter. International students should apply at least two months in advance. Admissions and English language proficiency requirements can vary by country.
Admission requirements for the graduate certificate
- Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree in any field from an accredited college or university.
- Students should expect and be prepared to complete graduate-level course work toward the certificate.
- The OSU Graduate School sets requirements for admission, which includes a minimum 3.00 GPA for all applicants. The Public Health academic unit feels that this is a reasonable and responsible indicator of potential success in graduate-level course work.
- Applicants must have basic computer literacy (high comfort level with Microsoft Windows file and disk management, as well the Internet).
- Knowledge from a basic statistic course is highly recommended.
- Those admitted to the Graduate Certificate in Public Health program must matriculate the term of admittance.
- With approval from Sunil Khanna or Sheryl Thorburn, School Heads, a maximum of 8 graduate-level credits may be transferred into the certificate program to satisfy the requirements.
- Transfer credits will not be considered until after admittance and matriculation.
Proceed with admissions:
1. Read and review all the required documents listed under Step 1 of the OSU Office of Admissions website.
2. Complete the online admissions application form (select Public Health certificate as your "planned course of study" and click "yes" to studying online through Ecampus). Note: GRE and references are not required for the Public Health certificate.
3. Pay the $75 nonrefundable application fee by credit card. View Step 1 if you cannot pay by credit card.
4. If you are an international student, you must also send a certified English translation of the official academic transcript(s) with your application materials.
5. Mail official transcript(s) of all previous college course work, a copy of your résumé and statement of objectives to:
6. If you are unable to use the online application system, please contact the Graduate School.
Just want to take a few courses and not the full certificate?
If you are not pursuing the Graduate Certificate in Public Health but are interested in taking individual classes that are part of the graduate certificate curriculum, you may apply to OSU as a nondegree-seeking graduate student. Nondegree-seeking students who may later wish to apply to the graduate certificate program should be aware that only a maximum of eight credits earned as a nondegree student may be transferred to the Graduate Certificate in Public Health.