Curriculum: B.S. Agricultural Sciences — Online
This is a 180-credit undergraduate program at the end of which you will earn a Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Sciences. Each admitted student works with an academic adviser to construct a detailed plan for the completion of his or her degree. The degree requirements consist of five main areas:
- Baccalaureate core: 48 credits plus a Writing Intensive Course (WIC) of at least 3 credits
- Business, Law and Communication: 9 credits
- Science: 22 credits (12 of which are achieved through the Bacc core)
- Agricultural major: 60 credits (minimum)
- Electives: as needed to meet the 180 credit minimum to graduate
Total: 180 credits, including at least 60 upper division.
For more information about the agricultural sciences major, please visit Oregon State’s official General Catalog. For additional information about the baccalaureate core, please visit our baccalaureate core details page.
Sample course topics include:
- Management in agriculture
- Agricultural law
- Leadership development
- World food crops
- Environmental law
- Animal physiology
- Organic farming and gardening
- Environmental economics and policy
Some of the degree requirements can be transferred from other colleges and universities. Please note that a minimum of 45 credits of the last 75 must be completed at Oregon State (online or on campus) to meet the academic residency requirement. Previously earned credits will need to be reviewed upon admittance into OSU for appropriate articulation. Additional information about transferring credits is available through the Single Course Search tool provided by OSU's Office of Admissions.
Add a minor
OSU Ecampus students have the ability to add a minor to their degree program. OSU offers a diverse offering of minors online. Combine agricultural sciences and a business minor or agricultural sciences plus an economics minor to create an even more powerful resume fit for today's job market.