Admission Requirements: Master of Education – Online
- Baccalaureate degree
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in the last 90 hours of coursework
- Licensed K-12 teacher or completed teacher preparation program
- Practicing teacher at least 0.5 time or at least two years of prior teaching experience in a K-12 classroom with access to a K-12 classroom
- Completed application six weeks before first term in program
Participants can enter the program during any of OSU's four academic terms during the year. Your application files must be complete six weeks prior to the start of the first term of courses to allow time for review and approval. Applicants must complete two separate applications, one to the Graduate School and one to the College of Education.
1. Apply to the OSU Graduate School
Apply for admission as a "degree-seeking student" through the Oregon State University - Graduate School by following instructions provided on the OSU Admissions page. Note: there is a required application fee.
2. Apply to the online Master of Education program in the College of Education
- Personal Goal Statement
- Teaching Validation
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample
- Diversity Statement
- TOEFL score (international applicants only)
For a complete description of the above admission requirements, download and print our Application Materials Checklist.
You can apply for admission for any term: fall, winter, spring, or summer. A term is an 11-week period. Visit the Academic Calendar for more information.
Specific due dates by term:
- Spring 2013 (classes start April 1) – applications due February 11, 2013
- Summer 2013 (classes start June 24) – applications due May 6, 2013
- Fall 2013 (classes start September 30) – applications due August 12, 2013
- Winter 2014 (classes start January 6) – applications due November 18, 2013
Applications will be considered when all of the materials above are received in our office for the term for which you are applying. Submit application items (in one packet) to:
Graduate Student Services
OSU College of Education
201 Furman Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331-3502
For admission questions, contact: