Learn from native-speaking instructors
This is a 180-credit undergraduate program at the end of which you will earn a Bachelor of Arts in French. Students engage in a variety of interactive projects to practice conversation, analytical and language skills utilizing tools – such as videos, online textbooks, audio translations software, Skype, student interaction and more.
- Baccalaureate core: 48 credits plus a Writing Intensive Course (WIC) of at least 3 credits
- College of Liberal Arts core: 15 credits
- B.A. requirements: 15 - 24 credits
- French major: 45 credits
- Study abroad program or an approved internship experience in a French-speaking country is required.
- Electives: as needed to meet the 180-credit minimum to graduate.
A few course highlights:
- Talk abroad course for 3rd year students expands your opportunity to talk with others worldwide.
- Film and cinema are utilized to expand cultural knowledge.
- In addition to history and culture of Francophone countries, current topics are covered through debate and discussions to practice your conversation, analytical and language skills.
Enhance your education with a study abroad experience
To complete the study abroad or internship requirement, degree-seeking Ecampus students are eligible to participate in OSU's education abroad programs offered through the Office of Global Opportunities (OSU GO). OSU GO has developed a diverse collection of programs and countries to choose from, allowing students to match an experience to their needs. Learn more about study abroad opportunities for OSU Ecampus students.
Some of the degree requirements can be transferred from other colleges and universities. Please note that a minimum of 45 of the last 75 credits earned must be completed at Oregon State (online or on campus) to meet the academic residency requirement. Previously earned credits will need to be reviewed upon admittance into OSU for appropriate articulation. Additional information about transferring credits is available through the Single Course Search tool provided by OSU's Office of Admissions.
French language options
If you're interested in French language courses and not a full undergraduate degree, you can take French language courses online through OSU Ecampus.
Add a minor
OSU Ecampus students have the ability to add a minor to their degree program. OSU offers a diverse offering of minors online. Combine French and a business minor or French plus an economics minor to create an even more powerful resume fit for today's job market.