Now accepting students for fall 2015. Classes start September 24.
Human Development & Family Science examines human development across the lifespan within the context of families, schools, communities, and other social and cultural environments. This rigorous yet flexible degree brings theory and practice together, preparing students for rewarding careers in helping professions related to social justice issues. The program's emphasis on developing strong critical thinking, communication, writing and research skills also provides excellent preparation for graduate programs in counseling, social work, education, psychology, and more. Additionally, HDFS students can complement their major with an OSU minor online such as public health, psychology, sociology, or leadership to name a few.
This degree program is offered by OSU's College of Public Health and Human Sciences (CPHHS) and delivered online by OSU Ecampus. CPHHS is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Advantages of an Oregon State University online degree
- All classes are developed by OSU's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Enhance your degree with a minor. OSU Ecampus offers a diverse selection of minors online.
- Online students receive the same diploma as on-campus students.
- Students can study from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
With more than 900 online courses in over 90 subjects, discover how Oregon State Ecampus can turn your passion into a lifelong career.
We’re here to support you
We understand that there is more involved to being a student than just completing a class. Oregon State Ecampus offers a full range of support services to help our students be successful, such as online tutoring, career services, library services and disability access. Plus, every degree-seeking student has an academic advisor to offer guidance in selecting courses and staying on track for graduation. If you need assistance, please contact Ecampus by email or call 800-667-1465 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT.