B.S. Natural Resources – Online
Now accepting students for fall 2014. Classes start Sept. 29.
The OSU natural resources program provides graduates with a breadth and depth of technical and scientific knowledge spanning various natural resource and social science disciplines. As a natural resources major, you will study the science and management of resources such as amenity uses, fish and wildlife, forests, range and water.
In addition to completing foundation coursework, you will choose a specialization in fish and wildlife conservation, natural resource policy, human dimensions of natural resources or urban forest landscapes. This degree program prepares you for careers in resource planning, management, conservation and education within the field of natural resources.
Introducing the urban forest landscapes specialization
Students in this natural resources program can now focus their studies in the area of urban forest landscapes. This option will help you understand the complexities surrounding the culture and management of urban forest ecosystems. It includes an examination of the economic, social, and environmental benefits and values of trees in urban areas, and the relationship between people and trees.
Advantages of an Oregon State University online degree
- All classes are taught by OSU's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation in the natural resources and science fields.
- Oregon State is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- OSU's College of Forestry, which offers this online program, is recognized as a world-class leader in the industry, ranking eighth in a new international survey of more than 3,000 universities.
- Online students receive the same diploma as on-campus students.
- Enhance your degree with a minor. OSU Ecampus offers a diverse selection of minors online.
- Students can study from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
With more than 900 online courses in over 90 subjects, discover how OSU Ecampus can turn your passion into a lifelong career.
We’re here to support you
We understand that there is more involved to being a student than just completing a class. Oregon State Ecampus offers a full range of support services to help our students be successful, such as online tutoring, career services, library services and disability access. Plus, every degree-seeking student has an academic advisor to offer guidance in selecting courses and staying on track for graduation. If you need assistance, please contact Ecampus by email or call 800-667-1465 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT.