Chemistry and Lab Courses – Online
Oregon State University offers a wide selection of college-level chemistry courses, labs and a minor online. Courses satisfy chemistry requirements for a broad range of major in both science and non-science fields. The online format provides flexibility as you complete your degree program requirements.
Benefits of studying online through Oregon State University
- All classes are taught by OSU's renowned faculty, who are known worldwide for their research, expertise and innovation.
- OSU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Online students receive the same transcripts as on-campus students.
- All online students pay in-state tuition.
- Students can study from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
Three chemistry sequences to choose from
General Chemistry - 231, 232, 233
This higher-level chemistry course sequence focuses on general chemistry concepts, and is structured for students majoring in most sciences, pharmacy, and chemical, biological and environmental engineering.
CH 261, 262 and 263 are the optional lab components of the sequence; students should check with their adviser to determine whether lab is required for their course of study.
Organic Chemistry - 331, 332, 337
These courses constitute the sequence for pre-professional students (medicine, dentistry, optometry, pharmacy and other health professions), chemical engineering students and students not majoring in chemistry who require a year of organic chemistry.
Other online chemistry courses
The OSU Chemistry Department also offers additional online chemistry courses through Ecampus.