As a political science major, you will learn from experienced OSU faculty in the only online political science degree with extensive coursework in environmental politics and policy. At the end of this program, you will earn either a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science in political science from Oregon State University.
Political science majors must complete five main areas in order to graduate:
- Baccalaureate core: 48 credits plus a Writing Intensive Course (WIC) of at least 3 credits
- College of Liberal Arts core: 15 credits
- B.A./B.S. requirements: 15 – 24 credits
- Political science major: 52 credits
- Electives: as needed to meet the 180 credit minimum to graduate
Course topics include:
- American politics and government
- Comparative politics
- International relations
- Political analysis
- Politics and the media
- Gender and law
- Eastern and Central European politics
- Current issues in rural policies
- View the major courses available in this program
A total of 180 quarter credits are required to graduate, including 60 upper-division credits. To view the political science major requirements, please visit Oregon State’s official General Catalog. And please check out the following pages if you need additional information about the baccalaureate core or the College of Liberal Arts core.
Some of the degree requirements can be transferred from other colleges and universities. Please note that a minimum of 45 credits of the last 75 must be completed at Oregon State (online or on campus) to meet the academic residency requirement. Previously earned credits will need to be reviewed upon admittance into OSU for appropriate articulation. Additional information about transferring credits is available through the Single Course Search tool provided by OSU's Office of Admissions.
Add a minor
OSU Ecampus students have the ability to add a minor to their degree program. OSU offers a diverse selection of minors online. Combine political science and a business minor or political science plus a fisheries and wildlife minor to create an even more powerful resume fit for today's job market.